Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer Fever



Summer Fever.  I have it.  I've been used to the whole "you're an adult now and don't get summer break" thing for a looong time now.  For some reason  (I bet the whole having a school-age child has something to do with it) I am just craving the summer off.  Some time to soak up some sun, explore, travel, sleep-in, slow down, etc...you know?  You feel me?  I'm kind of jealous that Ryland gets a summer break, but I feel terrible for him at the same time because I know we'll be working.  I keep thinking of ways that we can jam one more thing in, take one more trip, sign him up for one more thing to help make all those summer memories.  We're going to Florida next week, we're going on a cruise in August, he's going to summer school for a month, we're planning weekend trips all over the great state of Texas, weddings, parties, birthdays...you name it.  I want it to be special.  Extra special.  It's his first whole summer with us at home.  I'm so excited I can't wait!  I'm pretty sure that I may start wearing my swimsuit under my clothes at work so the second I get home, pool time can start!  I am just as excited about summer-time with Ry as I was about Christmas-time with Ry!  That's it!!!  I'll start a Summer Advent Calendar!  We had so much fun with our Christmas activities the whole month of December that I should do it for summer as well!  Have umbrellas in our drinks at dinner, popsicles on the back porch, slip'n'slide day, water gun fight night, going out for ice cream, night swims, water balloons...  Oh. My. Gosh.

Bring it on!!

Cortney

2 comments: