Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Days

Today was the 3rd day in a row that school has been cancelled in our neck of the woods.  It's going to be closed tomorrow, too.  It's just cruel and unusual punishment...for the kids...and for the parents!  It's sooo cold outside that we spend more time bundling up to go outside than we actually spend outside.  We live in Texas...this weather has been crazy.  ICE and below 25 for 3 straight days. 

Poor Ry.  It's hard enough being 5, let alone being locked in a house with your parents who are constantly telling you to be quiet so they can work.  Constantly saying, "No, I can't play right now.  Sorry, but I have to work."  He just doesn't get it.  It doesn't matter how many toys he has or things to do, he is so BORED when he isn't interacting with someone...anyone! 

We're all stir crazy and want to get out...even Sadie.

I took yesterday off to try to give Ry a break from alone time and hang out with him all day.  We finger-painted, played bingo, went out to lunch, did a bunch of learning activities, watched movies and taught him how to play Skip-Bo.  His least favorite part of the day?  Cleaning with Mama!

Today Dustin braved it and headed into the office and Ry and I fended for ourselves at home.  I was working away, but had a list of activities ready to go and we did pretty good.  During his 50 minute bath I heard him talking about kissing, so I went in there to check on him and he told me that he kissed his cup...for practice.  Oh boy.  I really thought I had years and years before this kind of thing would start happening to my little guy.  I'm in for it, aren't I?  Not once did I get up this morning thinking that I would have to talk to Ry about kissing today.  Wow.  Why does this stuff always happen when Dustin isn't here?  It's like he knows when he should have a "Man-to-Man" and avoids it so he gets my version... "Cort to Little Man"  He should probably start keeping a list of all the crazy things I tell him that I don't know anything about! I'm guessing that my version of what boys/men should/shouldn't do isn't as black & white as Dustin's would be!

I really enjoy it though.  I laugh all the time.  I roll  my eyes.  I love all the "are you serious moments?".
And I just think of how fun it will be to embarrass him with all this great material when he's older!!!

Grinning...& trying to stay warm!

Cort

No comments:

Post a Comment