Friday, February 18, 2011

29

Well...it happened.  I turned 29 and the world did not stop spinning.  This age is surreal to me.  I remember a time when I thought 29 was old *cue gasp*.  I've always told myself that 29 will be the last age that I turn.  I'll be one of those ladies that claims she is 29 forever.  I will work my magic on someone at the DMV to have them change my birth date to reflect this little plan of mine.  I will color my hair... forever.  I will be that lady that's 55, but clearly dressing like she is 18.  I will be that lady who refuses to age.  I will be wearing glitter make-up forever!


Well - that's what I've always told myself.  But now, that just seems silly.  Those women that refuse to let go of their youth look RIDICULOUS!  I don't want to be part of that crew.  I want to embrace my age and age gracefully.  I want to look fab at 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 & 90.  I want to have some wrinkles (not a lot) but I want my kids to know that I smiled with abandonment and was happy all the time.  I want them to embrace growing up and not fear it.

So, that's what I am going to try to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment