Friday, October 7, 2011

First Grade...off to a great start!

Ryland brought home his report card for the first 6 weeks today.  I opened it, not really knowing what it would say, but hoping it wasn't too bad.  I pulled out the stack of papers and out falls an "A" Honor Roll ribbon.  Are you kidding me?  I was tearing up and showing Ry the ribbon.  "You made the Honor Roll!  Great Job!  I'm so proud of you!"  And he just stands there looking at me.  He has no clue what an Honor Roll is, what it means, how he got there, etc.  My crying slightly threw him off momentarily...was I mad, happy, sad???  He didn't know.  After I explained what it was, Ry was very excited!

I get that it's 1st grade.  I get that it's the first 6 weeks and just a review of last year.  BUT, most of you know what we went through last year in deciding on whether or not to send him to 1st grade.  So anyway...this is a HUGE deal for us!  Go Ryland!  We are so proud of you!


PS - Where do we get the bumper sticker???

2 comments:

  1. I just love this post! Way to go RY! The bumper sticker comment had me laughing! So glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete